This section is for everyone.
If you haven’t been the star of the diabetes clinic yet, here is where to start:
1. Check your blood sugars before each meal and snack and write down the results.
2. Get advice on how to adjust your insulin doses appropriately based on your blood sugar results.
3. Begin to record the carb content of your foods and write this down too along with your insulin doses.
4. Learn to adjust your insulin dose to your carbohydrate content. You need to be very consistent about this with fixed insulin regimes and consistency will get you better results even if you are on a multiple daily injection regime.
5. Start some daily exercise and note what effects that is having on your blood sugars too.
6. Get advice on adjusting your insulin to physical exercise.
There is no quiz for this section.
- Acknowledgements to Gary Schiener’s, Think Like a Pancreas: A Practical Guide to Managing Diabetes with Insulin
Where to Next?
Please continue to the How To: Decide What To Eat When Using Insulin section.